Tractor driver killed as vehicle hit by train in Puri
Bhubaneswar: A tractor driver was killed as his vehicle was hit by a train while trying to cross an unmanned railway level crossing near Jenapur in Puri district of Odisha today.
Train services were affected for sometime after the mishap took place near Jenapur passenger halt under Khurda Road division when Durg-Puri Inter-city Express dashed against the tractor, police sources said.
The railway track was cleared in about an hour after which normal traffic was restored on the route, they said adding that the driver of the tractor was said to be from a nearby village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj