Tractor driver killed as vehicle hit by train in Puri
Bhubaneswar: A tractor driver was killed as his vehicle was hit by a train while trying to cross an unmanned railway level crossing near Jenapur in Puri district of Odisha today.
Train services were affected for sometime after the mishap took place near Jenapur passenger halt under Khurda Road division when Durg-Puri Inter-city Express dashed against the tractor, police sources said.
The railway track was cleared in about an hour after which normal traffic was restored on the route, they said adding that the driver of the tractor was said to be from a nearby village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!