Tractor driver killed as vehicle hit by train in Puri
Bhubaneswar: A tractor driver was killed as his vehicle was hit by a train while trying to cross an unmanned railway level crossing near Jenapur in Puri district of Odisha today.
Train services were affected for sometime after the mishap took place near Jenapur passenger halt under Khurda Road division when Durg-Puri Inter-city Express dashed against the tractor, police sources said.
The railway track was cleared in about an hour after which normal traffic was restored on the route, they said adding that the driver of the tractor was said to be from a nearby village.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know