Train movement disrupted on KK line after heavy rains
Visakhapatnam: Goods and passenger train movement on the Kirandul-Kothavalasa (KK) line was disrupted due to breaches and falling of boulders on the track at various sites due to heavy rains, officials said.
Forty meters of rail track and seven meters depth of land underneath the track at Boddavara near Srungavarapukota on the KK line was damaged due to heavy downpour during the last few days.
The track restoration work is going on in full swing and the main line would be restored by tonight, Additional Divisional Railway Manager C Madhusudhana Rao said today.
It would take another 24 hours to restore the second line as big boulders had fallen on the track, he said.
KK line is important for transportation of iron ore from Kirandul in Chhattisgarh and nearby areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- Assembly elections: AAP to release 'Dalit Manifestos' in Punjab, Gujarat, Goa
- Kolkata teenager's death: Police look for answers
- SP government not following Lohia, women unsafe in UP: Nitish
- Over 3,000 migrants dead in Mediterranean so far in 2016
- North Korea says any further nuclear test depends on US