Train movement disrupted on KK line after heavy rains
Visakhapatnam: Goods and passenger train movement on the Kirandul-Kothavalasa (KK) line was disrupted due to breaches and falling of boulders on the track at various sites due to heavy rains, officials said.
Forty meters of rail track and seven meters depth of land underneath the track at Boddavara near Srungavarapukota on the KK line was damaged due to heavy downpour during the last few days.
The track restoration work is going on in full swing and the main line would be restored by tonight, Additional Divisional Railway Manager C Madhusudhana Rao said today.
It would take another 24 hours to restore the second line as big boulders had fallen on the track, he said.
KK line is important for transportation of iron ore from Kirandul in Chhattisgarh and nearby areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- India vs West Indies, 1st T20I Preview: Two countries enter new world of cricket in United States
- IIT-Bombay has blacklisted these 9 companies from placements for one year
- US Open: Ramkumar Ramanathan falls in first round of qualifiers
- Gems, jewellery exports up about 12% in Apr-Jul FY17
- India responds to Pakistan's offer for talks, says will discuss only cross-border terror