Train services disrupted, Maoists blow up road culvert in Orissa
Rourkela: Suspected Maoists blew up a road culvert close to the railway tracks in Bisra area of Orissa`s Sundergarh district Wednesday, briefly disrupting train services on the Mumbai-Howrah route.
"A road culvert at Mahipani in Bisra police station area, about 30 km from here, was blown up by the rebels using a landmine," Rourkela Superintendent of Police Diptesh Patnaik said.
No one was hurt in the incident which triggered panic in the locality, police said.
As the culvert was close to the railway tracks, the station manager and other staff of nearby Bhalulata station thought it was an attack on the railway lines and alerted
While other railway stations were asked to regulate the trains slated to begin operations at 5 am after night halt, teams from railway protection force (RPF), government railway police (GRP), state police and bomb disposal squad (BDS) were engaged to check rail lines in the area, the police said.
A thorough inspection of the tracks showed there was neither any damage to the lines nor any explosive device planted, they said, adding train services resumed after the
security personnel gave clearance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says