Train services suspended following Maoist threat
Rourkela: Train services between Rourkela and Barsua were suspended on Saturday following threat given by Maoists in protest against ongoing `Saranda Operation" in Jharkhand area of Orissa-Jharkhand border.
Several Maoists, according to police sources pasted posters and placed red banner on the railway track at Topadihi station forcing the authorities to suspend the rail services, railway sources said.
"Suspend train movements, no movement of goods", the poster said adding "goli ka jawab goli me milega", the sources said.
The train line is connected to mining belt to transport iron ore to Rourkela Steel Plant (RSP) and only one passenger train operates on that route which has been suspended due to threat, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH