Train services suspended following Maoist threat
Rourkela: Train services between Rourkela and Barsua were suspended on Saturday following threat given by Maoists in protest against ongoing `Saranda Operation" in Jharkhand area of Orissa-Jharkhand border.
Several Maoists, according to police sources pasted posters and placed red banner on the railway track at Topadihi station forcing the authorities to suspend the rail services, railway sources said.
"Suspend train movements, no movement of goods", the poster said adding "goli ka jawab goli me milega", the sources said.
The train line is connected to mining belt to transport iron ore to Rourkela Steel Plant (RSP) and only one passenger train operates on that route which has been suspended due to threat, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan