Train services suspended following Maoist threat
Rourkela: Train services between Rourkela and Barsua were suspended on Saturday following threat given by Maoists in protest against ongoing `Saranda Operation" in Jharkhand area of Orissa-Jharkhand border.
Several Maoists, according to police sources pasted posters and placed red banner on the railway track at Topadihi station forcing the authorities to suspend the rail services, railway sources said.
"Suspend train movements, no movement of goods", the poster said adding "goli ka jawab goli me milega", the sources said.
The train line is connected to mining belt to transport iron ore to Rourkela Steel Plant (RSP) and only one passenger train operates on that route which has been suspended due to threat, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred