Trains collide in Orissa, four injured
Rourkela: Four persons were injured in a
collision between the Koraput-Howrah Samaleswari Express and a
goods train at Jharsuguda Railway Station in Odisha early
The incident occurred due to "signal overshooting" as
both the trains started moving in the same direction though
signal was given for one to depart Jharsuguda Station, about
110 km, from here, GRP DSP at Jharsuguda, MK Mahato said.
While one Bikash Nayak (24) of Samabalpur was admitted
to a hospital at Jharsuguda, three others were discharged
Samaleswari Express left for its destination after a
halt of about six hours, Mahato said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31