Transport staff again falls prey to cash-in-transit loot in Cuttack
Cuttack: A transport company employee in Cuttack city has alleged that he was robbed of Rupees eight lakh at gunpoint when he was returning to his office after withdrawing the cash from a bank.
The police said one Mahesh Bhardwaj, claiming to be working as an accountant of a private transport company at Mahanadi Vihar, was returning alone in a motorcycle with the cash after withdrawing it from the bank located at Bajrakabati Road in the city yesterday.
Two unidentified persons intercepted him near busy College Square and decamped with the cash bag brandishing gun, police said quoting the complaint registered by Bhardwaj.
While the local Malgodown police have launched a manhunt to nab the looters, people here have started questioning as to how only transport company employees were always falling prey to such types of loots.
The city has witnessed similar loots earlier and in most of the cases, the victims are transport company employees, who are travelling with such huge amounts without police cover.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened