Transport staff again falls prey to cash-in-transit loot in Cuttack
Cuttack: A transport company employee in Cuttack city has alleged that he was robbed of Rupees eight lakh at gunpoint when he was returning to his office after withdrawing the cash from a bank.
The police said one Mahesh Bhardwaj, claiming to be working as an accountant of a private transport company at Mahanadi Vihar, was returning alone in a motorcycle with the cash after withdrawing it from the bank located at Bajrakabati Road in the city yesterday.
Two unidentified persons intercepted him near busy College Square and decamped with the cash bag brandishing gun, police said quoting the complaint registered by Bhardwaj.
While the local Malgodown police have launched a manhunt to nab the looters, people here have started questioning as to how only transport company employees were always falling prey to such types of loots.
The city has witnessed similar loots earlier and in most of the cases, the victims are transport company employees, who are travelling with such huge amounts without police cover.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India