Tribal body attacks jobs seekers in Kandhamal
Phulbani: The Kui Samaj Samanoya Samiti (KSSS), an outfit of Kui tribes in Odisha`s Kandhamal district on Tuesday attacked job aspirants from other parts of the state and destroyed their certificates leading to chaos here, official sources said.
The incident took place when district officials of Sarva Sikshya Abhijan (SSA) were verifying cetrtificates and other documents of candidates appearing for the post of Sikshya Sahayaks (SS).
SSA was conducting certificate verification for recruitment of 753 posts of SSs in Kandhamal district. As many as 2,500 candidates have applied for the post.
However, KSSS led by its convenor Lambodar Kanhara asked the candidates to get their certificates verified before the tribal body before proceeding to the SSA authorities.
"We`ll not allow the candidates from other districts to grab the job meant for the people of Kandhamal. However, we would allow the candidates from neghbouring Boudh district as they were part of Kandhamal district before bifurcation," said Kanhar.
Kanhar said that they were prepared to sacrifice their lives for the interest of Kandhamal. "Why should we allow outsiders? They have all along taken benefits meant for the people of Kandhamal," he said.
Meanwhile, Kandhamal Collector Bhupinder Singh Punia said "I am aware about the incident. As the district authority has a list of all the candidates who have applied for the post, we will do the needful."
The collector said all the candidates irrespective of their districts would be allowed to take up jobs in Kandhamal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone