Tribal college girl killed in Odisha
Baripada: Police recovered the body of a 18-year-old college girl from under a culvert on the Bangirposi-Bhuasuni road, about 35 km from here.
The girl, identified as Reena Naik, a college going tribal girl of BKC Pur, was missing since last morning. Her body was recovered last night, police said.
An under graduate student of Sri Maa Women`s College here, was suspected to have been killed after sexual assault. However, police was yet to ascertain whether the girl was raped before being killed, they said.
Police suspected that she was taken to the spot by some unknown miscreants who killed her and dumped her body under the culvert.
Protesting the killing, the state unit of Jharkhand Mukti Morcha[JMM] staged a road blockade on National Highway at Murgabadi demanding immediate arrest of culprits involved in the incident and compensation to the vivtim`s family.
Baripada Sub Collector and police officials rushed to the spot and assured the agitators to provide assistance to the victim family under Red Cross.
JMM Odisha unit president and former MP Sudam Marandi has deplored such heinous act of crime and accused the ruling BJD govt of indifferent to the rising incidents of crime against women in the state.
The police after registering a case of murder has sent the body for autopsy to SCB Medical College Cuttack today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing