Tribal forum seeks special court to hear Kandhamal case
Bhubaneswar: A delegation of Kandhamal
tribals on Monday met Orissa Governor M C Bhandare here and
demanded establishment of a special court to speed up justice
delivery system for the riot victims in Kandhamal.
A delegation of about 30 tribals under the banner of
Kuidina Forum For Peace and Justice demanded that a special
sourt should be established on the line of Gujurat riot, to
expedite justice delivery system.
The delegation also demanded publication of a white paper
on Kandhamal violence.
"Though the state administration claimed that normalcy
had returned in Kandhamal, the people were still living in
private relief camps", said Forum convenor Hemant Naiak.
"We want the governor to visit Kandhamal and see for
himself the ground situation", said Forum`s co-convenor
Keshamati Pradhan adding that many people were yet to return
to their villages due to fear of fresh attack on them.
They alleged before the Governor that many culprits
were still roaming freely while administration claimed other
"Governor had assured us to visit Kandhamal soon", Naiak
said alleging that a large number of complaints were yet to be
converted into formal FIRs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic