Tribal forum seeks special court to hear Kandhamal case
Bhubaneswar: A delegation of Kandhamal
tribals on Monday met Orissa Governor M C Bhandare here and
demanded establishment of a special court to speed up justice
delivery system for the riot victims in Kandhamal.
A delegation of about 30 tribals under the banner of
Kuidina Forum For Peace and Justice demanded that a special
sourt should be established on the line of Gujurat riot, to
expedite justice delivery system.
The delegation also demanded publication of a white paper
on Kandhamal violence.
"Though the state administration claimed that normalcy
had returned in Kandhamal, the people were still living in
private relief camps", said Forum convenor Hemant Naiak.
"We want the governor to visit Kandhamal and see for
himself the ground situation", said Forum`s co-convenor
Keshamati Pradhan adding that many people were yet to return
to their villages due to fear of fresh attack on them.
They alleged before the Governor that many culprits
were still roaming freely while administration claimed other
"Governor had assured us to visit Kandhamal soon", Naiak
said alleging that a large number of complaints were yet to be
converted into formal FIRs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown