Tribal SPO missing for more than a month
Nawarangpur (Orissa): A tribal Special
Police Officer (SPO) has been missing for more than a month in
Orissa`s Maoist-hit Nawarangpur district and his fate is
unknown, police sources said on Sunday.
The disappearance of Dasmanth Gond (21) of Raghudongori
village under Maoist infested Raighar Block, came to light
yesterday, they said.
Gond was selected for SPO in 2009 and working on
contractual basis then. He had earlier worked under Raighar
and Umerkote police stations, but some months back he was
placed to Nawarangpur police station.
Gond was to join for training at Koraput last month.
In the first week of last month he went to his village for
`Nua Khai` festival. He was scheduled to report for training
at Koraput on September 14.
According to his family members Gond left home saying
proceeding for training on his motorcycle. But when he was
not found at the training centre at Koraput some of his
friends telephoned the family members and informed them.
Gonds family members then went to Raighar police station
and reported the matter.
The motorcycle of Gond was found at Hatabharandi
village yesterday, they said.
Superintendent of Police, Niti Sekhar admitted Gond was
in service on contractual basis and he had not reported at
the training centre on the schedule date. The SP said the SPO
was missing since then and the police have no further
information about him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi