Tribal SPO missing for more than a month
Nawarangpur (Orissa): A tribal Special
Police Officer (SPO) has been missing for more than a month in
Orissa`s Maoist-hit Nawarangpur district and his fate is
unknown, police sources said on Sunday.
The disappearance of Dasmanth Gond (21) of Raghudongori
village under Maoist infested Raighar Block, came to light
yesterday, they said.
Gond was selected for SPO in 2009 and working on
contractual basis then. He had earlier worked under Raighar
and Umerkote police stations, but some months back he was
placed to Nawarangpur police station.
Gond was to join for training at Koraput last month.
In the first week of last month he went to his village for
`Nua Khai` festival. He was scheduled to report for training
at Koraput on September 14.
According to his family members Gond left home saying
proceeding for training on his motorcycle. But when he was
not found at the training centre at Koraput some of his
friends telephoned the family members and informed them.
Gonds family members then went to Raighar police station
and reported the matter.
The motorcycle of Gond was found at Hatabharandi
village yesterday, they said.
Superintendent of Police, Niti Sekhar admitted Gond was
in service on contractual basis and he had not reported at
the training centre on the schedule date. The SP said the SPO
was missing since then and the police have no further
information about him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- It was Lalu who pulled and hugged me, will continue to fight corruption, clarifies Arvind Kejriwal