Tribal villagers help nab kidnappers in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: Residents of a tribal hamlet in Orissa helped police rescue a man within a few hours after his abduction, an official said on Saturday.
Pramod Kumar Sahu, an executive of a private educational institution, was abducted while he was taking a walk in the info-city area of state capital Bhubaneswar Friday morning.
The abductors` gang, who demanded Rs.5 crore ransoms from the family, was attempting to hide in a forest in Daspalla area of the neighbouring Nayagarh district, 128 km from here.
A tribal woman saw the abducted man lying on the backseat of a car with his hands and feet tied and gagged.
She informed other villagers. Armed with bows and arrows, some tribal villagers rushed to the site, rescued the victim and managed to catch three of the abductors.
"The villagers handed over us the three culprits. Beside police have arrested another gang member from Bhubaneswar late evening," SK Patel, inspector-in-charge of Info-city police station told.
"It was because of the tribal villagers that we could arrest the abductors within a few hours," he said adding that efforts are on to nab others involved in the kidnapping.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!