Tribal villagers help nab kidnappers in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: Residents of a tribal hamlet in Orissa helped police rescue a man within a few hours after his abduction, an official said on Saturday.
Pramod Kumar Sahu, an executive of a private educational institution, was abducted while he was taking a walk in the info-city area of state capital Bhubaneswar Friday morning.
The abductors` gang, who demanded Rs.5 crore ransoms from the family, was attempting to hide in a forest in Daspalla area of the neighbouring Nayagarh district, 128 km from here.
A tribal woman saw the abducted man lying on the backseat of a car with his hands and feet tied and gagged.
She informed other villagers. Armed with bows and arrows, some tribal villagers rushed to the site, rescued the victim and managed to catch three of the abductors.
"The villagers handed over us the three culprits. Beside police have arrested another gang member from Bhubaneswar late evening," SK Patel, inspector-in-charge of Info-city police station told.
"It was because of the tribal villagers that we could arrest the abductors within a few hours," he said adding that efforts are on to nab others involved in the kidnapping.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Bulandshahr gang-rape accused plead not guilty, demand narco test to prove innocence
- Was Osho murdered by his followers?
- China hopes for early talks with Phillipines on South China Sea
- US military aids Turkey with air cover, intelligence in anti-ISIS operation in Syria
- Record German budget surplus fuels investment debate