Tribal villagers help nab kidnappers in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: Residents of a tribal hamlet in Orissa helped police rescue a man within a few hours after his abduction, an official said on Saturday.
Pramod Kumar Sahu, an executive of a private educational institution, was abducted while he was taking a walk in the info-city area of state capital Bhubaneswar Friday morning.
The abductors` gang, who demanded Rs.5 crore ransoms from the family, was attempting to hide in a forest in Daspalla area of the neighbouring Nayagarh district, 128 km from here.
A tribal woman saw the abducted man lying on the backseat of a car with his hands and feet tied and gagged.
She informed other villagers. Armed with bows and arrows, some tribal villagers rushed to the site, rescued the victim and managed to catch three of the abductors.
"The villagers handed over us the three culprits. Beside police have arrested another gang member from Bhubaneswar late evening," SK Patel, inspector-in-charge of Info-city police station told.
"It was because of the tribal villagers that we could arrest the abductors within a few hours," he said adding that efforts are on to nab others involved in the kidnapping.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days