Tribal woman gang-raped in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: A 27-year-old tribal woman was allegedly gang-raped and deserted in a vegetable garden at Kuamada village in Banki police station area of Cuttack district on Sunday, police said.
The woman has been staying at her father`s place since her husband abandoned her some time ago. She was kidnapped and raped at the vegetable garden, police said.
Her hands and legs were tied with ropes when she was found by some villagers.
She was admitted to the SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack where her condition was stated to be serious, police said.
"We suspect involvement of three persons in the incident," said a police officer, adding that a manhunt has been launched to arrest the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Subramanian Swamy's lecture on 'Emergency' cancelled
- Now, Lexit: London wants to stay with EU, says petition
- UP cops fight publicly over 'share of bribe', video goes viral - Watch
- Make your smoothie a successful summer diet with these magical ingredients!
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship