Tribal woman gang-raped in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: A 27-year-old tribal woman was allegedly gang-raped and deserted in a vegetable garden at Kuamada village in Banki police station area of Cuttack district on Sunday, police said.
The woman has been staying at her father`s place since her husband abandoned her some time ago. She was kidnapped and raped at the vegetable garden, police said.
Her hands and legs were tied with ropes when she was found by some villagers.
She was admitted to the SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack where her condition was stated to be serious, police said.
"We suspect involvement of three persons in the incident," said a police officer, adding that a manhunt has been launched to arrest the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA