Tribal woman gang-raped in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: A 27-year-old tribal woman was allegedly gang-raped and deserted in a vegetable garden at Kuamada village in Banki police station area of Cuttack district on Sunday, police said.
The woman has been staying at her father`s place since her husband abandoned her some time ago. She was kidnapped and raped at the vegetable garden, police said.
Her hands and legs were tied with ropes when she was found by some villagers.
She was admitted to the SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack where her condition was stated to be serious, police said.
"We suspect involvement of three persons in the incident," said a police officer, adding that a manhunt has been launched to arrest the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- US to seek death penalty against accused South Carolina church shooter
- These pretty Bollywood ‘mermaids’ sizzled in the pristine beaches of Goa – Pics inside
- Newly elected AIADMK MLA SM Seenivel passes away, hours before oath-taking ceremony
- UBSE / UEEB 10th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 10th Exam Results 2016 to be declared soon
- BoI net loss soars to Rs 3,567 cr as bad loans bite