Tribal woman gang-raped in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: A 27-year-old tribal woman was allegedly gang-raped and deserted in a vegetable garden at Kuamada village in Banki police station area of Cuttack district on Sunday, police said.
The woman has been staying at her father`s place since her husband abandoned her some time ago. She was kidnapped and raped at the vegetable garden, police said.
Her hands and legs were tied with ropes when she was found by some villagers.
She was admitted to the SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack where her condition was stated to be serious, police said.
"We suspect involvement of three persons in the incident," said a police officer, adding that a manhunt has been launched to arrest the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP