Tribal woman gang-raped in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: A 27-year-old tribal woman was allegedly gang-raped and deserted in a vegetable garden at Kuamada village in Banki police station area of Cuttack district on Sunday, police said.
The woman has been staying at her father`s place since her husband abandoned her some time ago. She was kidnapped and raped at the vegetable garden, police said.
Her hands and legs were tied with ropes when she was found by some villagers.
She was admitted to the SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack where her condition was stated to be serious, police said.
"We suspect involvement of three persons in the incident," said a police officer, adding that a manhunt has been launched to arrest the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India