Tribal woman killed by nephew in witchcraft case in Orissa
Baripada: A tribal woman was
hacked to death allegedly by her nephew at a remote village of Orissa`s Mayurbhanj district suspecting her to be practising witchcraft, police said Monday.
Kapura Murmu (45) was killed by her nephew Sana Murmu
(20) at Barhajiani village in Rairangpur area, 80 km from
here, yesterday as he suspected that his parents had died due
to witchcraft by the woman, they said.
The accused, who was working in Jamshedpur, had come
to the village two days ago and killed Kapura with an axe,
police said adding he then surrendered at Rairangpur Rural
police station with the head and the weapon.
Police arrested the accused and the investigation is
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living