Tribal woman killed by nephew in witchcraft case in Orissa
Baripada: A tribal woman was
hacked to death allegedly by her nephew at a remote village of Orissa`s Mayurbhanj district suspecting her to be practising witchcraft, police said Monday.
Kapura Murmu (45) was killed by her nephew Sana Murmu
(20) at Barhajiani village in Rairangpur area, 80 km from
here, yesterday as he suspected that his parents had died due
to witchcraft by the woman, they said.
The accused, who was working in Jamshedpur, had come
to the village two days ago and killed Kapura with an axe,
police said adding he then surrendered at Rairangpur Rural
police station with the head and the weapon.
Police arrested the accused and the investigation is
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand