Tribal woman killed for practising `witchcraft`
Dhenkanal (Orissa): A 55-year-old tribal
woman was clubbed to death allegedly by five youths after
suspecting her to be practising witchcraft, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place at Barpada village under
Gandia police station, 35 km from here on Saturday.
However, the police recovered the body after a search
While four persons had been arrested, another was on
the run, police said adding that the deceased woman`s nephew
has lodged a complaint with the police.
Police have also seized the lathi and stone used to
kill the woman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation