Tribal woman killed for practising `witchcraft`
Dhenkanal (Orissa): A 55-year-old tribal
woman was clubbed to death allegedly by five youths after
suspecting her to be practising witchcraft, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place at Barpada village under
Gandia police station, 35 km from here on Saturday.
However, the police recovered the body after a search
While four persons had been arrested, another was on
the run, police said adding that the deceased woman`s nephew
has lodged a complaint with the police.
Police have also seized the lathi and stone used to
kill the woman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!