Tribal woman killed for practising `witchcraft`
Dhenkanal (Orissa): A 55-year-old tribal
woman was clubbed to death allegedly by five youths after
suspecting her to be practising witchcraft, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place at Barpada village under
Gandia police station, 35 km from here on Saturday.
However, the police recovered the body after a search
While four persons had been arrested, another was on
the run, police said adding that the deceased woman`s nephew
has lodged a complaint with the police.
Police have also seized the lathi and stone used to
kill the woman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi