Tribal woman killed for practising `witchcraft`
Dhenkanal (Orissa): A 55-year-old tribal
woman was clubbed to death allegedly by five youths after
suspecting her to be practising witchcraft, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place at Barpada village under
Gandia police station, 35 km from here on Saturday.
However, the police recovered the body after a search
While four persons had been arrested, another was on
the run, police said adding that the deceased woman`s nephew
has lodged a complaint with the police.
Police have also seized the lathi and stone used to
kill the woman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray