Tribal woman shot dead by unidentified assailants in Odisha
Baripada: A tribal woman was shot dead by unidentified assailants in Odisha`s Mayurbhanj district today, police said here.
Two motorbike borne masked youths fired three rounds from close range at Singo Majhi (55) when she was selling `Handia`, a local brew, near Chhanua railway station, DSP, Crime, Mayurbhanj, Binay Krushna Kamila said.
She died on the spot and the attackers fled the scene after committing the crime, Kamila said adding Singo belonged to nearby Barjemara village and used to sell `Handia` near the railway station every day.
Though the reason behind the incident was yet to be established, police suspected that it could be a case of land dispute or witchcraft.
Chhanua railway station is located on the Jamshedpur-Badampahar railway section under Chakradharpur division.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video