Tribal woman shot dead by unidentified assailants in Odisha
Baripada: A tribal woman was shot dead by unidentified assailants in Odisha`s Mayurbhanj district today, police said here.
Two motorbike borne masked youths fired three rounds from close range at Singo Majhi (55) when she was selling `Handia`, a local brew, near Chhanua railway station, DSP, Crime, Mayurbhanj, Binay Krushna Kamila said.
She died on the spot and the attackers fled the scene after committing the crime, Kamila said adding Singo belonged to nearby Barjemara village and used to sell `Handia` near the railway station every day.
Though the reason behind the incident was yet to be established, police suspected that it could be a case of land dispute or witchcraft.
Chhanua railway station is located on the Jamshedpur-Badampahar railway section under Chakradharpur division.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Atmosphere of ancient Mars had high levels of oxygen: NASA
- Shiv Sena mocks Amit Shah on 'Sholay' posters, BJP warns of `fitting reply`
- Tired of an unruly mane? Watch how to keep hair your straight all day long!
- 7th Pay Commission: Five recommendations that will disappoint govt employees
- Union Cabinet reshuffle on Thursday? President’s House being readied for ceremony