Tribal woman shot dead by unidentified assailants in Odisha
Baripada: A tribal woman was shot dead by unidentified assailants in Odisha`s Mayurbhanj district today, police said here.
Two motorbike borne masked youths fired three rounds from close range at Singo Majhi (55) when she was selling `Handia`, a local brew, near Chhanua railway station, DSP, Crime, Mayurbhanj, Binay Krushna Kamila said.
She died on the spot and the attackers fled the scene after committing the crime, Kamila said adding Singo belonged to nearby Barjemara village and used to sell `Handia` near the railway station every day.
Though the reason behind the incident was yet to be established, police suspected that it could be a case of land dispute or witchcraft.
Chhanua railway station is located on the Jamshedpur-Badampahar railway section under Chakradharpur division.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH