Tributes paid to Bagha Jatin
Balasore: Glowing tributes were
paid today to freedom fighter Jatindra Nath Mukherji, known as
`Bagha Jatin`, who died this day in 1915 of his injuries after
being shot by the British police at Chasakhand near here in
Orissa`s Balasore district.
A 103-member delegation from Sahid Smaraki Samiti
known as `Rakta Tirtha Yatri` led by Prof R Banerjee from
Kolkata, union Minister Srikanta Jena, Orissa`s panchayati raj
minister Prafulla Samal attended the day long programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what