Tripathy floats a new political party in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Pledging to oust the Naveen Patnaik government in Odisha, former union minister Braja Kishore Tripathy on Monday floated a new political party "Samata Kranti Dal".
Independent MLA and trade union leader George Tirky was appointed as president of the new party while Tripathy would function as its adviser.
"Samata Kranti Dal will fight against the BJD government . Corruption continues to rise in the state. The new party will work to form a society on basis of equality," Tripathy said making the announcement.
Tripathy was a cabinet minister in NDA government in the 13th Lok Sabha. He was elected from Puri segment as a BJD candidate and later joined BJP after being refused a ticket by BJD president Naveen Patnaik in 2009.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory