Tutor held for `rape bid` on minor
Berhampur: A tutor was arrested at a hotel in Odisha`s Ganjam district for allegedly attempting to rape a 14-year-old girl student, police said on Sunday.
The accused was identified as Jugala Kishore Ransandha of Kirima village under Kandhamala district`s Bramhanigaon police station limit.
The girl studies in Class VIII at a residential school in Rourkela, they said.
"After the accused was arrested, the victim was handed over to her parents", said inspector in-charge, town police station AK Mishra.
He said the victim and the accused were in Berhampur town while on way to Rourkela. The girl`s parents had sent her with the accused as escort.
Instead of going to Rourkela, they got down here on Thursday and checked into a private hotel. He attempted to sexually assault the girl during their stay in the hotel.
The girl`s cries alerted locals and police were informed.
The victim lodged an FIR and the teacher was arrested yesterday. "We have conducted medical tests of both victim and accused," Mishra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!