Tutor held for `rape bid` on minor
Berhampur: A tutor was arrested at a hotel in Odisha`s Ganjam district for allegedly attempting to rape a 14-year-old girl student, police said on Sunday.
The accused was identified as Jugala Kishore Ransandha of Kirima village under Kandhamala district`s Bramhanigaon police station limit.
The girl studies in Class VIII at a residential school in Rourkela, they said.
"After the accused was arrested, the victim was handed over to her parents", said inspector in-charge, town police station AK Mishra.
He said the victim and the accused were in Berhampur town while on way to Rourkela. The girl`s parents had sent her with the accused as escort.
Instead of going to Rourkela, they got down here on Thursday and checked into a private hotel. He attempted to sexually assault the girl during their stay in the hotel.
The girl`s cries alerted locals and police were informed.
The victim lodged an FIR and the teacher was arrested yesterday. "We have conducted medical tests of both victim and accused," Mishra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened