Twelve boys arrested in assault case
Berhampur: Twelve boys were arrested here in connection with an assault case at Tulasi Nagar area of the town, police said on Saturday.
At least two persons were injured, one of them seriously, when the accused teenagers attacked them in the area on Wednesday night, they said.
One of the injured persons was battling his life at the MKCG Medical College and Hospital here.
All the juveniles were remanded in the observation home here after being arrested yesterday as the Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM), also the chairman of the Juvenile Justice Board (JJB) rejected their bail pleas.
Inspector in-charge (town police) SS Mohapatra said the teenagers, mostly belonging to Aga Street and Niladri Bihar targeted residents of Tulasi Nagar area following a dispute over a recent cricket match and attacked commuters with cricket bats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video