Twelve boys arrested in assault case
Berhampur: Twelve boys were arrested here in connection with an assault case at Tulasi Nagar area of the town, police said on Saturday.
At least two persons were injured, one of them seriously, when the accused teenagers attacked them in the area on Wednesday night, they said.
One of the injured persons was battling his life at the MKCG Medical College and Hospital here.
All the juveniles were remanded in the observation home here after being arrested yesterday as the Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM), also the chairman of the Juvenile Justice Board (JJB) rejected their bail pleas.
Inspector in-charge (town police) SS Mohapatra said the teenagers, mostly belonging to Aga Street and Niladri Bihar targeted residents of Tulasi Nagar area following a dispute over a recent cricket match and attacked commuters with cricket bats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak