Twelve boys arrested in assault case
Berhampur: Twelve boys were arrested here in connection with an assault case at Tulasi Nagar area of the town, police said on Saturday.
At least two persons were injured, one of them seriously, when the accused teenagers attacked them in the area on Wednesday night, they said.
One of the injured persons was battling his life at the MKCG Medical College and Hospital here.
All the juveniles were remanded in the observation home here after being arrested yesterday as the Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM), also the chairman of the Juvenile Justice Board (JJB) rejected their bail pleas.
Inspector in-charge (town police) SS Mohapatra said the teenagers, mostly belonging to Aga Street and Niladri Bihar targeted residents of Tulasi Nagar area following a dispute over a recent cricket match and attacked commuters with cricket bats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information