Two Anganwadi girls drown in Odisha
Angul (Odisha): Two girls of an Anganwadi centre were killed after they fell into a water filled pit in Odisha`s Angul district, official sources said on Saturday.
"The victims, aged around four years, slipped into the pit dug for construction of a structure while moving near the Anganwadi centre at Tentulihata in Bahanrpal police station yesterday," District Collector Arbind Agarwal said.
Government officials including local block development officer (BDO) Subhadarshini Swain rushed to the spot and ex-gratia payment of Rs 20,000 each made to the families of the victims.
It was second such incident in Odisha in two months. Seven students of an Anganwadi centre were killed after coming under its walls which caved in at Suansia village in Ranapur area of Nayagarh district on July 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!