Two Anganwadi girls drown in Odisha
Angul (Odisha): Two girls of an Anganwadi centre were killed after they fell into a water filled pit in Odisha`s Angul district, official sources said on Saturday.
"The victims, aged around four years, slipped into the pit dug for construction of a structure while moving near the Anganwadi centre at Tentulihata in Bahanrpal police station yesterday," District Collector Arbind Agarwal said.
Government officials including local block development officer (BDO) Subhadarshini Swain rushed to the spot and ex-gratia payment of Rs 20,000 each made to the families of the victims.
It was second such incident in Odisha in two months. Seven students of an Anganwadi centre were killed after coming under its walls which caved in at Suansia village in Ranapur area of Nayagarh district on July 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you