Two arrested for rape of tribal girl in Odisha
Berhampur (Odisha): Two persons were arrested for kidnapping and raping a teenaged tribal girl at Bhanjanagar in Ganjam district of Odisha, police said on Sunday.
Deepak Kumar Swain (24) of Bhejiput and Jitendra Achary (25) of Banatumba allegedly kidnapped the 15-year-old girl of Rudhapadar village and sexually assaulted her last week before abandoning the victim on the banks of river Loharkhandi, RC Sethi, sub-divisional police officer, Bhanjanagar said.
Both the accused persons have been sent for medical examination after being arrested yesterday, he said.
The girl was rescued by police in unconscious condition and admitted at the Bhanjanagar hospital.
Medical examination has been conducted on her. She complained before police that she was kidnapped and forcibly raped by the culprits on the river bank, police said.
The girl also identified the rapists, Sethi added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends