Two arrested for rape of tribal girl in Odisha
Berhampur (Odisha): Two persons were arrested for kidnapping and raping a teenaged tribal girl at Bhanjanagar in Ganjam district of Odisha, police said on Sunday.
Deepak Kumar Swain (24) of Bhejiput and Jitendra Achary (25) of Banatumba allegedly kidnapped the 15-year-old girl of Rudhapadar village and sexually assaulted her last week before abandoning the victim on the banks of river Loharkhandi, RC Sethi, sub-divisional police officer, Bhanjanagar said.
Both the accused persons have been sent for medical examination after being arrested yesterday, he said.
The girl was rescued by police in unconscious condition and admitted at the Bhanjanagar hospital.
Medical examination has been conducted on her. She complained before police that she was kidnapped and forcibly raped by the culprits on the river bank, police said.
The girl also identified the rapists, Sethi added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?