Two arrested for taking bribe in Rourkela
Rourkela: Vigilance sleuths arrested a
revenue supervisor and a retired clerk for allegedly taking a
bribe of Rs 3,000 from a trader at Biramitrapur tahasil in
Revenue Supersvisor Parsuram Pana (50) was caught when
he was taking Rs 4,000 from a sand trader Ramesh Chandra Amat
to release his sand laden truck yesterday, Vigilance DSP P K
Das said on Friday.
The arrest followed Amat`s complaint to the vigilance
officicals who trapped the supervisor who sensing trouble
passed the bribe money to a retired clerk Ramesh Mallick.
The slueths seized the money from Mallick and both were
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM