Two arrested in connection with lynching
Malkangiri (Odisha): Two persons were arrested in connection with lynching of a man, said to be mentally challenged, in Odisha`s Malkangiri district, the police said on Sunday.
Mentally retarded Madan Khara (40), a former samiti member of Chitrakonda, had allegedly attacked Biswajit Sarkar of Malkangiri village number 101 with an iron rod two days back," Aniruddha Samantary, inspector-in-charge of Malkangiri police station said.
Biswajit was severely injured and hospitalised. The villagers were infuriated when they learnt that the mad man had attacked and seriously injured Biswajit.
The villagers tied him to a tree and beat up to death, Samantary said adding that two persons - Rabi Sarkar and Deba Sarkar - were arrested yesterday in connection with Khara`s killing.
The two were produced before a local court which remanded them to judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged