Two arrested in connection with lynching
Malkangiri (Odisha): Two persons were arrested in connection with lynching of a man, said to be mentally challenged, in Odisha`s Malkangiri district, the police said on Sunday.
Mentally retarded Madan Khara (40), a former samiti member of Chitrakonda, had allegedly attacked Biswajit Sarkar of Malkangiri village number 101 with an iron rod two days back," Aniruddha Samantary, inspector-in-charge of Malkangiri police station said.
Biswajit was severely injured and hospitalised. The villagers were infuriated when they learnt that the mad man had attacked and seriously injured Biswajit.
The villagers tied him to a tree and beat up to death, Samantary said adding that two persons - Rabi Sarkar and Deba Sarkar - were arrested yesterday in connection with Khara`s killing.
The two were produced before a local court which remanded them to judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price