Two arrested in connection with lynching
Malkangiri (Odisha): Two persons were arrested in connection with lynching of a man, said to be mentally challenged, in Odisha`s Malkangiri district, the police said on Sunday.
Mentally retarded Madan Khara (40), a former samiti member of Chitrakonda, had allegedly attacked Biswajit Sarkar of Malkangiri village number 101 with an iron rod two days back," Aniruddha Samantary, inspector-in-charge of Malkangiri police station said.
Biswajit was severely injured and hospitalised. The villagers were infuriated when they learnt that the mad man had attacked and seriously injured Biswajit.
The villagers tied him to a tree and beat up to death, Samantary said adding that two persons - Rabi Sarkar and Deba Sarkar - were arrested yesterday in connection with Khara`s killing.
The two were produced before a local court which remanded them to judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!