Two arrested in connection with lynching
Malkangiri (Odisha): Two persons were arrested in connection with lynching of a man, said to be mentally challenged, in Odisha`s Malkangiri district, the police said on Sunday.
Mentally retarded Madan Khara (40), a former samiti member of Chitrakonda, had allegedly attacked Biswajit Sarkar of Malkangiri village number 101 with an iron rod two days back," Aniruddha Samantary, inspector-in-charge of Malkangiri police station said.
Biswajit was severely injured and hospitalised. The villagers were infuriated when they learnt that the mad man had attacked and seriously injured Biswajit.
The villagers tied him to a tree and beat up to death, Samantary said adding that two persons - Rabi Sarkar and Deba Sarkar - were arrested yesterday in connection with Khara`s killing.
The two were produced before a local court which remanded them to judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB