Two arrested in connection with lynching
Malkangiri (Odisha): Two persons were arrested in connection with lynching of a man, said to be mentally challenged, in Odisha`s Malkangiri district, the police said on Sunday.
Mentally retarded Madan Khara (40), a former samiti member of Chitrakonda, had allegedly attacked Biswajit Sarkar of Malkangiri village number 101 with an iron rod two days back," Aniruddha Samantary, inspector-in-charge of Malkangiri police station said.
Biswajit was severely injured and hospitalised. The villagers were infuriated when they learnt that the mad man had attacked and seriously injured Biswajit.
The villagers tied him to a tree and beat up to death, Samantary said adding that two persons - Rabi Sarkar and Deba Sarkar - were arrested yesterday in connection with Khara`s killing.
The two were produced before a local court which remanded them to judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?