Two brothers escape for Maoists grip in Odisha
Parlakhemundi: Two brothers from a village in Odisha`s Gajapati district on Friday claimed that they were abducted by Maoists and asked by top rebel leader Sabyasachi Panda to work for his outfit.
The two claimed that they were attacked and abducted by ultras of Panda`s Odisha Maobadi Party (OMP) on February 4 from their village Hachigandi in Mohana block but escaped from captivity after about a month, Gajapati Superintendent of Police C S Meena told reporters.
Producing the duo at a press meet, the SP said about seven cadres including a women came to the village of Prafulla Dalabehera and Prakash Dalabehera and forcibly took them blind folded with their hands tied to an unknown destination.
On February 14 OMP leader Sabhyasachi Panda allegedly asked Prakash to work for his organisation, Meena said adding when he declined Panda allegedly fired at Prakash and injured him. On the basis of complaint lodged by the brothers a case was registered in Mohana police station against Panda, Pradeep, Sagar, Pratap and others, he said.
The two brothers said the Maoists moved them place to place blind folded.
While the elder brother Prafulla was released on Marh 5, Prakash managed to escape the next day and after reaching his village came to SP for help.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday