Two brothers get life sentence in murder case in Odisha
Balasore (Odisha): Two brothers were sentenced to rigorous life imprisonment for murdering their maternal uncle in Balasore district of Odisha two years ago.
Additional Sessions Judge Gangadhar Pati while convicting Panda Hemram (21) and his younger brother Kalia Hemram (19) of Kumbhara Sahi in Khaira area awarded life sentence for killing their uncle Ratnakar Singh (55).
The incident took place on April 3, 2011 night when the victim was fast asleep. According to prosecution, the accused, over some old conflict planned a cold blooded murder and hit the victim`s head with iron rod that night.
Assistant Public Prosecutor (APP) Binod Pani and Pranab Panda said the court pronounced the judgement on the basis of cross examination of 12 witnesses and 11 documental evidences.
The judge also imposed Rs 5,000 penalty each on the duo and in case of non-payment they would undergo another six months of jail term.
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Tajikistan bans Russian-style surnames for children
- S&P keeps UK on triple-A rating, says expects no Brexit
- Google Translate turns 10: Five interesting things you want to know about it
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants fail yet again as Gujarat Lions continue strong run in maiden season
- AgustaWestland deal: Centre rejects charge that PM Modi struck deal with Italy