Two brothers get life sentence in murder case in Odisha
Balasore (Odisha): Two brothers were sentenced to rigorous life imprisonment for murdering their maternal uncle in Balasore district of Odisha two years ago.
Additional Sessions Judge Gangadhar Pati while convicting Panda Hemram (21) and his younger brother Kalia Hemram (19) of Kumbhara Sahi in Khaira area awarded life sentence for killing their uncle Ratnakar Singh (55).
The incident took place on April 3, 2011 night when the victim was fast asleep. According to prosecution, the accused, over some old conflict planned a cold blooded murder and hit the victim`s head with iron rod that night.
Assistant Public Prosecutor (APP) Binod Pani and Pranab Panda said the court pronounced the judgement on the basis of cross examination of 12 witnesses and 11 documental evidences.
The judge also imposed Rs 5,000 penalty each on the duo and in case of non-payment they would undergo another six months of jail term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past