Two brothers get life sentence in murder case in Odisha
Balasore (Odisha): Two brothers were sentenced to rigorous life imprisonment for murdering their maternal uncle in Balasore district of Odisha two years ago.
Additional Sessions Judge Gangadhar Pati while convicting Panda Hemram (21) and his younger brother Kalia Hemram (19) of Kumbhara Sahi in Khaira area awarded life sentence for killing their uncle Ratnakar Singh (55).
The incident took place on April 3, 2011 night when the victim was fast asleep. According to prosecution, the accused, over some old conflict planned a cold blooded murder and hit the victim`s head with iron rod that night.
Assistant Public Prosecutor (APP) Binod Pani and Pranab Panda said the court pronounced the judgement on the basis of cross examination of 12 witnesses and 11 documental evidences.
The judge also imposed Rs 5,000 penalty each on the duo and in case of non-payment they would undergo another six months of jail term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city