Two dacoits arrested after police encounter
Sambalpur: Two members of a dacoit gang were arrested on Saturday after being shot at by the
police in an encounter here.
A dacoit gang of five members first took away a car at gun-point at Padhanpalli under Sasan police station area and then looted Rs 15,000 from a filling station at Ganesh Nagar after midnight, police said.
On a tip off, police chased the vehicle and stopped it at Camp Hirakud when five of its occupants jumped out of the car and allegedly opened fire at the police party, they said.
In retaliation, the policemen counter fired in which two dacoits, identified as Basudev Naik and Dipak Kumar Bari, sustained bullet injury in their legs.
However, three others managed to flee the spot in the garb of darkness, police said.
The stolen car, a cash of Rs 7,170, two pistols, one revolver, four live cartridges, other arms and six mobile
phone sets were seized from the dacoits.
The gang is suspected to have been involved in more such crimes in Orissa, the sources said adding separate cases were registered under various sections of Arms Act at Sasan, Rengali and Hirakud police stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?