Two gunned down in Rourkela
Rourkela: Two persons were shot dead by
gun-wielding youths near a roadside eatery in Railway Colony area of the steel city here, police said today.
The two victims, in their twenties, were chatting with a friend in front of a dhaba last night when four youths on two bikes arrived at the spot and fired at them.
One of them died on the spot, while another succumbed to his injuries on way to hospital. The third escaped from the scene even as the assailants sped away immediately afterwards, the police said.
Deputy superintendent of police, GRP, Pratap Swain said personal enemity was suspected to be the reason behind the killing.
The assailants had been identified and special squads have been formed to nab them, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- NASA astronaut Jeff Williams' camera zooms in on alluring views of these two places! - See pics
- Nico Rosberg surprised to see teammate Lewis Hamilton finishing 3rd in Belgian GP
- See pic: Cassini captures delicate glow on Saturn's ring!
- Mamata urges people to oppose strike, government warns absentees of action
- India, Myanmar agree to increase bilateral cooperation