Two hardcore Maoists arrested in Odisha
Malkangiri: Two hardcore Maoists, allegedly involved in several offences including recent attack in Chhattisgarh, were arrested in Odisha`s Malkangiri district on Monday, police said.
The ultras were nabbed during a joint operation by the elite Special Operation Group (SOG) and police in Katamateru forest of Matapeka area, Malkangiri district Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh said.
The Maoists, identified as Ora Madhi and Kasa Kunjami, had joined the Naxal outfit over five years ago and had taken part in a number of strikes, he said.
It is suspected that the duo had taken part in the recent attack by red rebels in Chhattisgarh, police said adding that the two ultras were also involved in planting of seven landmines in Sikhapali area of Malkangiri last year.
The landmines were, however, detected and neutralised in time before causing any harm to anyone, they said.
The arrest of the duo came a day after four hardcore Maoists involved in many offences including killing of an SPO were caught in the district.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative