Two hardcore Maoiststs arrested in Odisha
Koraput: Two hardcore Maoists, allegedly involved in about eight cases, including murder, were arrested from Narayanpatna area of Odisha`s Koraput district Wednesday, police said.
The red rebels, identified as Arjun Meleka and Musuri Wateka of Narayanpatna area, were nabbed by security force personnel during a special operation in the naxal-hit zone, Koraput Superintendent of Police Awinash Kumar said.
Possible involvement of the ultras in the recent abduction of BJD MLA from Laxmipur constituency in the district was also being examined, police said adding "specific information in this regard is likely to emerge during interrogation of the duo."
The ultras, active in the area for quite a long time, were involved in about eight criminal cases including murder, landmine explosion, extortion and attack on attach on security forces in the area, the SP said.
Combing operation and patrolling by security forces had been intensified in the Maoist hotbed as part of an exercise to locate other ultras, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you