Two Haryana youths held for luring women with marriage promise
Malkangiri (Odisha): Two persons from Haryana were arrested here on Friday on charge of luring two women to accompany them to Haryana promising them job and marriage there, police said.
The two persons from the Northern state identified as Gyaniram and Ramnivas of Fatiabad doled out inducements to the two women aged 20 years and 25 years respectively of MV-3 village under Malkangiri police station and were almost successful in their attempt when local people smelled foulplay, IIC of Malkangiri police station Anirudha Routray said.
Police swung into action and arrested the duo after being informed by the local people, he said.
The duo have, however, denied the allegation. They have been forwarded to the court, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video