Two Haryana youths held for luring women with marriage promise
Malkangiri (Odisha): Two persons from Haryana were arrested here on Friday on charge of luring two women to accompany them to Haryana promising them job and marriage there, police said.
The two persons from the Northern state identified as Gyaniram and Ramnivas of Fatiabad doled out inducements to the two women aged 20 years and 25 years respectively of MV-3 village under Malkangiri police station and were almost successful in their attempt when local people smelled foulplay, IIC of Malkangiri police station Anirudha Routray said.
Police swung into action and arrested the duo after being informed by the local people, he said.
The duo have, however, denied the allegation. They have been forwarded to the court, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday