Two Haryana youths held for luring women with marriage promise
Malkangiri (Odisha): Two persons from Haryana were arrested here on Friday on charge of luring two women to accompany them to Haryana promising them job and marriage there, police said.
The two persons from the Northern state identified as Gyaniram and Ramnivas of Fatiabad doled out inducements to the two women aged 20 years and 25 years respectively of MV-3 village under Malkangiri police station and were almost successful in their attempt when local people smelled foulplay, IIC of Malkangiri police station Anirudha Routray said.
Police swung into action and arrested the duo after being informed by the local people, he said.
The duo have, however, denied the allegation. They have been forwarded to the court, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA