Two held in Odisha for allegedly blackmailing a girl
Jajpur: Two persons were arrested for allegedly blackmailing a girl and trying to exort money after recording an objectionable video of her with a man in Odisha`s Jajpur district, police said Wednesday.
Khitish Chandra Mohanty alias Lulu and Abinash Rout alias Kalia were arrested in connection with the video blackmailing case yesterday after their role came to the fore during investigation, Jajpur Superintendent of Police Deepak Kumar said.
We are on the job to arrest four others, including the main accused," he said.
The main accused, identified as Bubuna Rout of Naupal village, was yet to be arrested even two weeks after registration of the FIR against him by the girl`s mother.
In her FIR filed with Dharmasala police on June 20, the mother had named three persons including the main accused Bubuna Rout and two others - Bapuna Mohanty and Khitish Chandra Mohanty alias Lulu.
While the main accused was named for having physical relation with her daughter on the false promise of marriage and video recording the act and blackmailing her, two others were named for allegedly blackmailing the girl and her family by threatening to release the videos if they were not paid Rs 1 lakh, the police said.
But, the police registered a case against Bubuna, Bapuna Mohanty, Madhusudan Rout and brother of the main accused.
When asked, as to why the two were arrested although they were not accused in the case, the SP said their role came to the fore during investigation.
The duo, he said, were close aides of the main accused and were blackmailing the girl and her family with the video.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok