Two lynched on suspicion of raping, murdering a girl
Balasore: Two persons were lynched by a mob who suspected the duo of raping and killing their minor cousin at Salabani in Orissa`s Balasore district, police said on Monday.
Maheswar Bera and Ratikanta had allegedly taken their cousin to witness burning of `Ravana` on Dussehra at nearby Rasgovindpur in Mayurbhanj district on Sunday night, police said.
Later, the lifeless body of the girl was found in a nearby jungle the next day after a night-long search following which villagers blamed Bera and Ratikanta of raping
and killing the girl and began thrashing them.
The two died on the spot.
The bodies have been sent for a post-mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit
- WATCH: How AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya was arrested by Delhi Police amidst high drama during press conference