Two lynched on suspicion of raping, murdering a girl
Balasore: Two persons were lynched by a mob who suspected the duo of raping and killing their minor cousin at Salabani in Orissa`s Balasore district, police said on Monday.
Maheswar Bera and Ratikanta had allegedly taken their cousin to witness burning of `Ravana` on Dussehra at nearby Rasgovindpur in Mayurbhanj district on Sunday night, police said.
Later, the lifeless body of the girl was found in a nearby jungle the next day after a night-long search following which villagers blamed Bera and Ratikanta of raping
and killing the girl and began thrashing them.
The two died on the spot.
The bodies have been sent for a post-mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Srinagar encounter: Two suspected cop killers gunned down as search-op against militants continues
- Van Gaal sacked by United, Mourinho poised to step in
- Iraq justice ministry announces execution of 22 convicts
- UK grants asylum to Maldives' ex-president Mohamed Nasheed
- North Korean envoy rejects Trump overture to meet leader