Two lynched on suspicion of raping, murdering a girl
Balasore: Two persons were lynched by a mob who suspected the duo of raping and killing their minor cousin at Salabani in Orissa`s Balasore district, police said on Monday.
Maheswar Bera and Ratikanta had allegedly taken their cousin to witness burning of `Ravana` on Dussehra at nearby Rasgovindpur in Mayurbhanj district on Sunday night, police said.
Later, the lifeless body of the girl was found in a nearby jungle the next day after a night-long search following which villagers blamed Bera and Ratikanta of raping
and killing the girl and began thrashing them.
The two died on the spot.
The bodies have been sent for a post-mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!