Two Maoist cadre arrested in Odisha
Malkangiri: Two Maoists allegedly involved in several offences were arrested by police from a forest in Odisha`s Malkangiri district on Saturday.
The two were nabbed during a joint combing operation by anti-Naxal SOG and district police in Rajgiri forest of Manyamkunda panchayat under MV-79 police station, they said.
The combing operation had been launched by the combined team following intelligence inputs about movement of red rebels in the forest area, sources said.
Some arms and ammunition were also seized from the Maoist duo, identified as Pabitra Nayak alias Pati and Bhagaban Gunia alias Deba of Rajgiri village.
The two rebels were being interrogated by a special team to obtain information about activities of the ultras in the region, they said.
Combing and patrolling by security forces had been intensified in the Naxal-infested area after the arrest to look for more ultras, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead