Two Maoists arrested in Orissa
Parakhemundi: Two hardcore Maoist cadres were arrested and substantial quantity of arms and explosives seized from them in Orissa`s Gajapati district on Sunday, police said.
The ultras - Manas Majhi alias Laden and Giffio Pradhan alias Gullu of Adaba area in the district - were picked up during a joint combing operation by CRPF and Orissa`s elite
anti-naxal Special Operation Group (SOG) in Pallapadu forest, about 120 km from here, SP Sanjeev Arora told reporters.
Twenty-five detonators, huge quantity of fuse wire, starters and a single barrel rifle were seized from them, he said.
Majhi was involved in a number of attacks including
torching of bus and blasting of some mobile phone towers in
Gajapati district, police said.
Both were active members of Bansadhara committee of the
outlawed CPI (Maoist).
Police said Pradhan was engaged in collection and passage
of information and providing logistic support for Maoist
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes