Two Maoists arrested in Orissa
Parakhemundi: Two hardcore Maoist cadres were arrested and substantial quantity of arms and explosives seized from them in Orissa`s Gajapati district on Sunday, police said.
The ultras - Manas Majhi alias Laden and Giffio Pradhan alias Gullu of Adaba area in the district - were picked up during a joint combing operation by CRPF and Orissa`s elite
anti-naxal Special Operation Group (SOG) in Pallapadu forest, about 120 km from here, SP Sanjeev Arora told reporters.
Twenty-five detonators, huge quantity of fuse wire, starters and a single barrel rifle were seized from them, he said.
Majhi was involved in a number of attacks including
torching of bus and blasting of some mobile phone towers in
Gajapati district, police said.
Both were active members of Bansadhara committee of the
outlawed CPI (Maoist).
Police said Pradhan was engaged in collection and passage
of information and providing logistic support for Maoist
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Focus on defence, security as PM Modi meets Uzbek President
- President tells IIT, IISc-Bangalore and IISER scholars to make India great
- Accident blocks Delhi-Howrah rail route, two dozen trains diverted
- Israel says Abbas reviving old `blood libel` against Jews
- Colombia government, FARC rebels sign ceasefire