Two Maoists arrested in Orissa
Parakhemundi: Two hardcore Maoist cadres were arrested and substantial quantity of arms and explosives seized from them in Orissa`s Gajapati district on Sunday, police said.
The ultras - Manas Majhi alias Laden and Giffio Pradhan alias Gullu of Adaba area in the district - were picked up during a joint combing operation by CRPF and Orissa`s elite
anti-naxal Special Operation Group (SOG) in Pallapadu forest, about 120 km from here, SP Sanjeev Arora told reporters.
Twenty-five detonators, huge quantity of fuse wire, starters and a single barrel rifle were seized from them, he said.
Majhi was involved in a number of attacks including
torching of bus and blasting of some mobile phone towers in
Gajapati district, police said.
Both were active members of Bansadhara committee of the
outlawed CPI (Maoist).
Police said Pradhan was engaged in collection and passage
of information and providing logistic support for Maoist
- Harish Rawat virtually admits his presence in 'sting CD', but says meeting journalist is not crime
- Refrain from using adulterated eye makeup, warn doctors
- Eight coaches of Delhi-Faizabad Express derails in Hapur district
- No difference between LF, TMC regimes: Rajnath Singh
- BJP complains to EC of violence after 5th phase polls