Two Maoists arrested in Orissa
Parakhemundi: Two hardcore Maoist cadres were arrested and substantial quantity of arms and explosives seized from them in Orissa`s Gajapati district on Sunday, police said.
The ultras - Manas Majhi alias Laden and Giffio Pradhan alias Gullu of Adaba area in the district - were picked up during a joint combing operation by CRPF and Orissa`s elite
anti-naxal Special Operation Group (SOG) in Pallapadu forest, about 120 km from here, SP Sanjeev Arora told reporters.
Twenty-five detonators, huge quantity of fuse wire, starters and a single barrel rifle were seized from them, he said.
Majhi was involved in a number of attacks including
torching of bus and blasting of some mobile phone towers in
Gajapati district, police said.
Both were active members of Bansadhara committee of the
outlawed CPI (Maoist).
Police said Pradhan was engaged in collection and passage
of information and providing logistic support for Maoist
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Know why sex loses its steam in couples
- Smartphone may reveal your sexual preferences