Two Maoists arrested in Orissa
Parakhemundi: Two hardcore Maoist cadres were arrested and substantial quantity of arms and explosives seized from them in Orissa`s Gajapati district on Sunday, police said.
The ultras - Manas Majhi alias Laden and Giffio Pradhan alias Gullu of Adaba area in the district - were picked up during a joint combing operation by CRPF and Orissa`s elite
anti-naxal Special Operation Group (SOG) in Pallapadu forest, about 120 km from here, SP Sanjeev Arora told reporters.
Twenty-five detonators, huge quantity of fuse wire, starters and a single barrel rifle were seized from them, he said.
Majhi was involved in a number of attacks including
torching of bus and blasting of some mobile phone towers in
Gajapati district, police said.
Both were active members of Bansadhara committee of the
outlawed CPI (Maoist).
Police said Pradhan was engaged in collection and passage
of information and providing logistic support for Maoist
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam