Two Maoists including woman surrenders before police
Keonjhar: Two Maoists, including a woman cadre, surrendered before police in Odisha`s Keonjhar district on Monday.
The duo were active cadres in neighbouring Jharkhand and members of the Maoist Communist Centre (MCC), Superintendent of Police, Aniruddha Kumar Singh, said.
Identified as Mochhi Lugun alias Munda (32) of Murusuan village in Keonjhar district, he was close associate of Gunga Munda, a top cadre of Chhotanagpur division of red rebels. Mochhi joined the out-lawed outfit to strengthen the activities in Keonjhar district, the SP said.
The woman cadre, Munkhi Munda alias Muni (30), hails from Jhirpani village of Sundargarh district. She is the wife of Gunga, who joined the cadre to undertake various Maoists activities.
They will be provided with government assistance as per rehabilitation policy, Singh said.
The duo revealed that both of them were wooed by the Maoists who always told them about the "police excess and torture meted out towards tribals." They, however, returned to the main stream after knowing the truth.
During the last three years, a total of 28 Maoist activists including the recent pair have surrendered before the police the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof