Two Maoists involved in MLA abduction held in Koraput
Koraput (Odisha): Police on Sunday arrested two Maoists allegedly involved in the abduction of Laxmipur MLA Jhina Hikaka in March this year.
Members of the Koraput-Srikakulam Divisional Committee of CPI(Maoist), the two was involved in the abduction of MLA Jhina Hikaka on March this year and some murder cases," said Koraput SP Abhinash Kumar.
The two ultras have been identified as Narayanpatna `Area Commander` Lingama Habika and his aide Kamaya Habika of Dumbaguda village.
Police also seized arms from them.
Chasi Mulia Adivasi Sangha (CMAS) leader Nachika Linga, however, claimed that the duo was not Maoists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata