Two Maoists involved in MLA abduction held in Koraput
Koraput (Odisha): Police on Sunday arrested two Maoists allegedly involved in the abduction of Laxmipur MLA Jhina Hikaka in March this year.
Members of the Koraput-Srikakulam Divisional Committee of CPI(Maoist), the two was involved in the abduction of MLA Jhina Hikaka on March this year and some murder cases," said Koraput SP Abhinash Kumar.
The two ultras have been identified as Narayanpatna `Area Commander` Lingama Habika and his aide Kamaya Habika of Dumbaguda village.
Police also seized arms from them.
Chasi Mulia Adivasi Sangha (CMAS) leader Nachika Linga, however, claimed that the duo was not Maoists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate