Two Maoists involved in MLA abduction held in Koraput
Koraput (Odisha): Police on Sunday arrested two Maoists allegedly involved in the abduction of Laxmipur MLA Jhina Hikaka in March this year.
Members of the Koraput-Srikakulam Divisional Committee of CPI(Maoist), the two was involved in the abduction of MLA Jhina Hikaka on March this year and some murder cases," said Koraput SP Abhinash Kumar.
The two ultras have been identified as Narayanpatna `Area Commander` Lingama Habika and his aide Kamaya Habika of Dumbaguda village.
Police also seized arms from them.
Chasi Mulia Adivasi Sangha (CMAS) leader Nachika Linga, however, claimed that the duo was not Maoists.
- GSGMC demands to remove DU book's chapter calling Bhagat Singh a terrorist
- Bizarre selfie craze: 15-year-old boy shoots self in Pathankot, lands in hospital
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video