Two Maoists involved in MLA abduction held in Koraput
Koraput (Odisha): Police on Sunday arrested two Maoists allegedly involved in the abduction of Laxmipur MLA Jhina Hikaka in March this year.
Members of the Koraput-Srikakulam Divisional Committee of CPI(Maoist), the two was involved in the abduction of MLA Jhina Hikaka on March this year and some murder cases," said Koraput SP Abhinash Kumar.
The two ultras have been identified as Narayanpatna `Area Commander` Lingama Habika and his aide Kamaya Habika of Dumbaguda village.
Police also seized arms from them.
Chasi Mulia Adivasi Sangha (CMAS) leader Nachika Linga, however, claimed that the duo was not Maoists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH