Two Maoists involved in MLA abduction held in Koraput
Koraput (Odisha): Police on Sunday arrested two Maoists allegedly involved in the abduction of Laxmipur MLA Jhina Hikaka in March this year.
Members of the Koraput-Srikakulam Divisional Committee of CPI(Maoist), the two was involved in the abduction of MLA Jhina Hikaka on March this year and some murder cases," said Koraput SP Abhinash Kumar.
The two ultras have been identified as Narayanpatna `Area Commander` Lingama Habika and his aide Kamaya Habika of Dumbaguda village.
Police also seized arms from them.
Chasi Mulia Adivasi Sangha (CMAS) leader Nachika Linga, however, claimed that the duo was not Maoists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt