Two Maoists surrender in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Two Maoists, one of them a woman wing commander of the the local unit of the Communist Party of India-Maoist, Monday surrendered in Odisha`s Keonjhar district, police said.
Janaki Sayan (35) and Aidmand Saya (30) surrendered before the police in the district headquarters town of Keonjhar, about 23 km from here, because they wanted to join the mainstream, a senior district police official said.
Both were cardes of the CPI-Maoist. While Janaki was the commander of the women`s military wing of the local Kalinga Nagar division, Aidmand was actively working for the expansion of the rebel activities in the region, the official added.
Janaki was accused of several crimes, including the ransacking and burning of liquor shops, and firing at a police patrol in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why