Two Maoists surrender in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Two Maoists, one of them a woman wing commander of the the local unit of the Communist Party of India-Maoist, Monday surrendered in Odisha`s Keonjhar district, police said.
Janaki Sayan (35) and Aidmand Saya (30) surrendered before the police in the district headquarters town of Keonjhar, about 23 km from here, because they wanted to join the mainstream, a senior district police official said.
Both were cardes of the CPI-Maoist. While Janaki was the commander of the women`s military wing of the local Kalinga Nagar division, Aidmand was actively working for the expansion of the rebel activities in the region, the official added.
Janaki was accused of several crimes, including the ransacking and burning of liquor shops, and firing at a police patrol in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog