Two Maoists surrender in Odisha
Rayagada: Two hardcore Maoists surrendered to the police in Odisha`s Rayagada district on Friday.
The two, Rama Mandingi (19) and Nabisha Sirika (16) of Andhra Pradesh, surrendered as they wanted to return to social mainstream, Rayagada Superintendent of Police Rajesh Pandit told reporters here.
The two were part of the Odisha Border Zonal Committee of CPI(Maoist) and were indulging in offences like extortion from businessmen and traders in Koraput, Rayagada and other districts, he said.
Following differences within the Maoist cadre, the two gradually got disillusioned and decided to return to the mainstream, police sources said.
The Maoists were also attracted by the government`s rehabilitation policy and package, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan