Two Maoists surrender in Odisha
Rayagada: Two hardcore Maoists surrendered to the police in Odisha`s Rayagada district on Friday.
The two, Rama Mandingi (19) and Nabisha Sirika (16) of Andhra Pradesh, surrendered as they wanted to return to social mainstream, Rayagada Superintendent of Police Rajesh Pandit told reporters here.
The two were part of the Odisha Border Zonal Committee of CPI(Maoist) and were indulging in offences like extortion from businessmen and traders in Koraput, Rayagada and other districts, he said.
Following differences within the Maoist cadre, the two gradually got disillusioned and decided to return to the mainstream, police sources said.
The Maoists were also attracted by the government`s rehabilitation policy and package, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof