Two Maoists surrender in Rayagada
Rayagada (Orissa): Two hardcore Maoists,
including a woman, surrendered before the police here today
and accused the left wing extremists of moving away from their
"Bidding good bye to their ideology, Maoists are even
torturing women", the ultras Sambatika Rao alias Srinu and Uma
said after surrendering before Anup Krishna, Superintendent of
Police, Rayagada, at the district headquarters here.
The duo was operating as area committee members of
Koraput-Srikakulam division of CPI (Maoists) and allegedly
involved in operations at many places including R Udayagiri,
Nayagarah and bauxite mines of aluminium giant NALCO at
Damanjodi, Krishna said.
While Srinu belonged to Rayagada district, Uma hailed
from Srikakulam district in neighbouring Andhra Pradesh.
The two were actively involved in Maoist activities
since 2003, Krishna said adding "Driven by their desire to
join the mainstream after being fed up with Maoist activities,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- In or out? Did Sidhu really quit BJP and join AAP!
- Rajnath Singh sends out stern message to Pakistan, says 'we don't need third party in Kashmir'
- Declare India a 'Hindu state', says Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray
- AN-32 search still on, ISRO satellite imagery sought
- What is the purpose of human life—Know here!