Two Maoists surrender in Rayagada
Rayagada (Orissa): Two hardcore Maoists,
including a woman, surrendered before the police here today
and accused the left wing extremists of moving away from their
"Bidding good bye to their ideology, Maoists are even
torturing women", the ultras Sambatika Rao alias Srinu and Uma
said after surrendering before Anup Krishna, Superintendent of
Police, Rayagada, at the district headquarters here.
The duo was operating as area committee members of
Koraput-Srikakulam division of CPI (Maoists) and allegedly
involved in operations at many places including R Udayagiri,
Nayagarah and bauxite mines of aluminium giant NALCO at
Damanjodi, Krishna said.
While Srinu belonged to Rayagada district, Uma hailed
from Srikakulam district in neighbouring Andhra Pradesh.
The two were actively involved in Maoist activities
since 2003, Krishna said adding "Driven by their desire to
join the mainstream after being fed up with Maoist activities,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- NASA astronaut Jeff Williams' camera zooms in on alluring views of these two places! - See pics
- Nico Rosberg surprised to see teammate Lewis Hamilton finishing 3rd in Belgian GP
- See pic: Cassini captures delicate glow on Saturn's ring!
- Mamata urges people to oppose strike, government warns absentees of action
- India, Myanmar agree to increase bilateral cooperation