Two minor girls `gang-raped`, killed
Baripada (Odisha): Two minor girls, sisters by relation, were allegedly gang-raped and killed in Odisha`s Mayurbhanj district, police said on Friday.
Bodies of the tribal girls aged four and six years were retrieved today from beneath the ground near a pond at Raupada village under Badampahar police station area, about 105 km from here.
The two victims had been missing for the past two days.
Police suspected the minor girls were gang raped before being killed. Their bodies were sent for post-mortem.
The police have registered a case under section 376 (g) (gang rape) and 302 (murder) and 34 (common intention) of the IPC.
It was suspected that several people of the same village were involved but only one of them was named in the FIR. That person is absconding, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt