Two minor girls `gang-raped`, killed
Baripada (Odisha): Two minor girls, sisters by relation, were allegedly gang-raped and killed in Odisha`s Mayurbhanj district, police said on Friday.
Bodies of the tribal girls aged four and six years were retrieved today from beneath the ground near a pond at Raupada village under Badampahar police station area, about 105 km from here.
The two victims had been missing for the past two days.
Police suspected the minor girls were gang raped before being killed. Their bodies were sent for post-mortem.
The police have registered a case under section 376 (g) (gang rape) and 302 (murder) and 34 (common intention) of the IPC.
It was suspected that several people of the same village were involved but only one of them was named in the FIR. That person is absconding, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video