Two more dengue cases reported in Ganjam district
Berhampur (Odisha): As two more suspected
dengue cases were reported in Ganjam district, the administration has decided to sensitize school children on the causes and prevention of vector borne diseases, officials said today.
The decision to this effect was taken at a task force meeting held at Chhatrapur and attended by all district-level officers. The meeting was presided by Additional District Magistrate and in-charge Collector Lingaraj Rath.
School teachers will educate the students about preventive measures against dengue.
"The sensitiziation progrmme among the students will be taken up after their morning assembly", said district education officer S K Patra.
Leaflets, containing causes and preventive measures for dengue and malaria, prepared by the health department would be distributed among the students, said district malaria officer U S Mishra.
Accredited social health activists, anganwadi and health workers would also be engaged to educate rural villagers to destroy mosquito breeding grounds in their localities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clinton attacks Trump's outreach to black voters in new ad
- Colombia ceasefire will not stop government fighting crime: Official
- Amazon dabbling with 30-hour work weeks: Report
- Enrique's fan hid in dressing room for 12 hours
- Scorpene submarine data leak: 'Whistleblower' to hand over disk to 'government'