Two more dengue cases reported in Ganjam district
Berhampur (Odisha): As two more suspected
dengue cases were reported in Ganjam district, the administration has decided to sensitize school children on the causes and prevention of vector borne diseases, officials said today.
The decision to this effect was taken at a task force meeting held at Chhatrapur and attended by all district-level officers. The meeting was presided by Additional District Magistrate and in-charge Collector Lingaraj Rath.
School teachers will educate the students about preventive measures against dengue.
"The sensitiziation progrmme among the students will be taken up after their morning assembly", said district education officer S K Patra.
Leaflets, containing causes and preventive measures for dengue and malaria, prepared by the health department would be distributed among the students, said district malaria officer U S Mishra.
Accredited social health activists, anganwadi and health workers would also be engaged to educate rural villagers to destroy mosquito breeding grounds in their localities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened