Two more dengue cases reported in Ganjam district
Berhampur (Odisha): As two more suspected
dengue cases were reported in Ganjam district, the administration has decided to sensitize school children on the causes and prevention of vector borne diseases, officials said today.
The decision to this effect was taken at a task force meeting held at Chhatrapur and attended by all district-level officers. The meeting was presided by Additional District Magistrate and in-charge Collector Lingaraj Rath.
School teachers will educate the students about preventive measures against dengue.
"The sensitiziation progrmme among the students will be taken up after their morning assembly", said district education officer S K Patra.
Leaflets, containing causes and preventive measures for dengue and malaria, prepared by the health department would be distributed among the students, said district malaria officer U S Mishra.
Accredited social health activists, anganwadi and health workers would also be engaged to educate rural villagers to destroy mosquito breeding grounds in their localities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...