Two more dengue cases reported in Ganjam district
Berhampur (Odisha): As two more suspected
dengue cases were reported in Ganjam district, the administration has decided to sensitize school children on the causes and prevention of vector borne diseases, officials said today.
The decision to this effect was taken at a task force meeting held at Chhatrapur and attended by all district-level officers. The meeting was presided by Additional District Magistrate and in-charge Collector Lingaraj Rath.
School teachers will educate the students about preventive measures against dengue.
"The sensitiziation progrmme among the students will be taken up after their morning assembly", said district education officer S K Patra.
Leaflets, containing causes and preventive measures for dengue and malaria, prepared by the health department would be distributed among the students, said district malaria officer U S Mishra.
Accredited social health activists, anganwadi and health workers would also be engaged to educate rural villagers to destroy mosquito breeding grounds in their localities.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India