Two more held for BJD leader murder
Berhampur (Odisha): Two more persons were
arrested on Sunday in connection with the murder of a local BJD
leader in Ganjam district last month, the police said.
Satrughna Swain and Ranjan Swain of Haripur were
arrested in a joint raid by Badagada police and Crime Branch
sleuths from different places for their involvement in the
murder of Congress Nayak.
Satrughna, one of the main accused in the incident,
was nabbed from Taptapani, while Ranjan was arrested from
Balugaon when he was trying to flee to Asnasol in West
Bengal, the sources said.
Nayak was murdered at Haripur village in Badagada
police station on February 5 during a violence before the
With arrest of these two, total number of arrests in
this case rose to five.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail