Two more medical colleges to come up in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government on Friday said two more medical colleges would be set up in PPP mode in tribal-dominated Rayagada and Gajapati districts.
The state government has already talked to certain potential investors having experience in managing medical colleges and the talks with the Hyderabad-based companies were in final stages, Health and Family Welfare Minister Atanu S Nayak said in Assembly while replying a question.
The members cutting across party lines expressed concern over Medical Council of India`s (MCI) denial of permission to SCB Medical College and Hospital, Cuttack, to take students against 100 new seats this year due to non-fulfilment of criteria.
Congress MLA Tara Prasad Bahinipati and ruling party members including Raseshwari Panigrahi, Rajashree Mallick, Ramesh Chandra Chyau Patnaik and Amar Prasad Satapathy raised various queries on this during Question Hour of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam