Two more medical colleges to come up in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government on Friday said two more medical colleges would be set up in PPP mode in tribal-dominated Rayagada and Gajapati districts.
The state government has already talked to certain potential investors having experience in managing medical colleges and the talks with the Hyderabad-based companies were in final stages, Health and Family Welfare Minister Atanu S Nayak said in Assembly while replying a question.
The members cutting across party lines expressed concern over Medical Council of India`s (MCI) denial of permission to SCB Medical College and Hospital, Cuttack, to take students against 100 new seats this year due to non-fulfilment of criteria.
Congress MLA Tara Prasad Bahinipati and ruling party members including Raseshwari Panigrahi, Rajashree Mallick, Ramesh Chandra Chyau Patnaik and Amar Prasad Satapathy raised various queries on this during Question Hour of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand