Two more medical colleges to come up in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government on Friday said two more medical colleges would be set up in PPP mode in tribal-dominated Rayagada and Gajapati districts.
The state government has already talked to certain potential investors having experience in managing medical colleges and the talks with the Hyderabad-based companies were in final stages, Health and Family Welfare Minister Atanu S Nayak said in Assembly while replying a question.
The members cutting across party lines expressed concern over Medical Council of India`s (MCI) denial of permission to SCB Medical College and Hospital, Cuttack, to take students against 100 new seats this year due to non-fulfilment of criteria.
Congress MLA Tara Prasad Bahinipati and ruling party members including Raseshwari Panigrahi, Rajashree Mallick, Ramesh Chandra Chyau Patnaik and Amar Prasad Satapathy raised various queries on this during Question Hour of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice