Two more rape cases reported in Odisha
Keonjhar: Two more sexual assault incidents came to light at separate places in Odisha with a 21-year-old woman being gang-raped and a four-year-old girl raped in Angul and Keonjhar districts respectively.
The woman, who belonged to Balikhamana village under Handapa police station of Angul district, had gone to nearby Bainsina village with a relative to witness a yatra on Wednesday night, police said on Saturday.
When she went to a nearby eatery to drink water, three youths forcibly took her to a secluded place and raped her, officer-in-charge of Handapa Ramesh Chandra Das said.
As the woman attempted to raise an alarm, the trio even hit her with boulders and fled. She was spotted by people next morning and admitted to a local hospital, he said.
Following an FIR lodged by the woman`s father yesterday, a case was registered and a man identified as Bijay Dehury of Bainsina was arrested, Das said, adding effort was on to nab the other two.
In other incident, a four-year-old girl was raped by a juvenile at Kasipal village under Barigaon police station of Keonjhar district yesterday, police said.
The 17-year-old accused of the same village had lured the child to a lonely place and sexually assaulted her, IIC of Barigaon BN Sahu said.
The victim and accused were sent for a medical test and the doctor confirmed the crime in a report, he said.
The boy was arrested on rape charge under Section 376 (2F) and (4) of IPC and forwarded to the juvenile court here, they said.
A spate of rape cases rocked the state recently with a seven-year-old girl being raped by her uncle two days ago in Jagatsinghpur district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Janmashtami: Watch Dahi-Handi celebrations from Mumbai
- Vietnam scientists spot rare endangered primates
- David Warner named Australia captain as Steve Smith heads home to rest ahead of hectic home schedule
- Is butter healthy? Five reasons to eat Krishna's favourite!
- Air India Mumbai-Newark flight diverted to Kazakhstan