Two more rape cases reported in Odisha
Keonjhar: Two more sexual assault incidents came to light at separate places in Odisha with a 21-year-old woman being gang-raped and a four-year-old girl raped in Angul and Keonjhar districts respectively.
The woman, who belonged to Balikhamana village under Handapa police station of Angul district, had gone to nearby Bainsina village with a relative to witness a yatra on Wednesday night, police said on Saturday.
When she went to a nearby eatery to drink water, three youths forcibly took her to a secluded place and raped her, officer-in-charge of Handapa Ramesh Chandra Das said.
As the woman attempted to raise an alarm, the trio even hit her with boulders and fled. She was spotted by people next morning and admitted to a local hospital, he said.
Following an FIR lodged by the woman`s father yesterday, a case was registered and a man identified as Bijay Dehury of Bainsina was arrested, Das said, adding effort was on to nab the other two.
In other incident, a four-year-old girl was raped by a juvenile at Kasipal village under Barigaon police station of Keonjhar district yesterday, police said.
The 17-year-old accused of the same village had lured the child to a lonely place and sexually assaulted her, IIC of Barigaon BN Sahu said.
The victim and accused were sent for a medical test and the doctor confirmed the crime in a report, he said.
The boy was arrested on rape charge under Section 376 (2F) and (4) of IPC and forwarded to the juvenile court here, they said.
A spate of rape cases rocked the state recently with a seven-year-old girl being raped by her uncle two days ago in Jagatsinghpur district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town