Two more rape cases reported in Odisha
Keonjhar: Two more sexual assault incidents came to light at separate places in Odisha with a 21-year-old woman being gang-raped and a four-year-old girl raped in Angul and Keonjhar districts respectively.
The woman, who belonged to Balikhamana village under Handapa police station of Angul district, had gone to nearby Bainsina village with a relative to witness a yatra on Wednesday night, police said on Saturday.
When she went to a nearby eatery to drink water, three youths forcibly took her to a secluded place and raped her, officer-in-charge of Handapa Ramesh Chandra Das said.
As the woman attempted to raise an alarm, the trio even hit her with boulders and fled. She was spotted by people next morning and admitted to a local hospital, he said.
Following an FIR lodged by the woman`s father yesterday, a case was registered and a man identified as Bijay Dehury of Bainsina was arrested, Das said, adding effort was on to nab the other two.
In other incident, a four-year-old girl was raped by a juvenile at Kasipal village under Barigaon police station of Keonjhar district yesterday, police said.
The 17-year-old accused of the same village had lured the child to a lonely place and sexually assaulted her, IIC of Barigaon BN Sahu said.
The victim and accused were sent for a medical test and the doctor confirmed the crime in a report, he said.
The boy was arrested on rape charge under Section 376 (2F) and (4) of IPC and forwarded to the juvenile court here, they said.
A spate of rape cases rocked the state recently with a seven-year-old girl being raped by her uncle two days ago in Jagatsinghpur district.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read