Two officials on poll duty die in Odisha
Kendrapara/Balasore (Odisha): Two polling officials died in separate accidents in Kendrapara and Balasore districts on Wednesday on the eve of the last phase of polls in Odisha.
A 56-year-old polling official Maheswar Bhanja, presiding officer at the polling station at Hemaprava Girl`s High School at Soro in Balasore district was runover and killed by a truck belonging to a polling party, police sources said.
In another incident, a polling officer Pitambar Rout, in Sapalanga village was killed when he slipped from a truck carrying polling personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Watch: This guy convinces girls to get pictures clicked with him – know how
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!