Two officials on poll duty die in Odisha
Kendrapara/Balasore (Odisha): Two polling officials died in separate accidents in Kendrapara and Balasore districts on Wednesday on the eve of the last phase of polls in Odisha.
A 56-year-old polling official Maheswar Bhanja, presiding officer at the polling station at Hemaprava Girl`s High School at Soro in Balasore district was runover and killed by a truck belonging to a polling party, police sources said.
In another incident, a polling officer Pitambar Rout, in Sapalanga village was killed when he slipped from a truck carrying polling personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP