Two officials on poll duty die in Odisha
Kendrapara/Balasore (Odisha): Two polling officials died in separate accidents in Kendrapara and Balasore districts on Wednesday on the eve of the last phase of polls in Odisha.
A 56-year-old polling official Maheswar Bhanja, presiding officer at the polling station at Hemaprava Girl`s High School at Soro in Balasore district was runover and killed by a truck belonging to a polling party, police sources said.
In another incident, a polling officer Pitambar Rout, in Sapalanga village was killed when he slipped from a truck carrying polling personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list