Two officials on poll duty die in Odisha
Kendrapara/Balasore (Odisha): Two polling officials died in separate accidents in Kendrapara and Balasore districts on Wednesday on the eve of the last phase of polls in Odisha.
A 56-year-old polling official Maheswar Bhanja, presiding officer at the polling station at Hemaprava Girl`s High School at Soro in Balasore district was runover and killed by a truck belonging to a polling party, police sources said.
In another incident, a polling officer Pitambar Rout, in Sapalanga village was killed when he slipped from a truck carrying polling personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Excessive childbirth fear can lead to post-partum depression
- Indian Sports Fraternity on Lionel Messi's decision to quit Argentina. See their reaction on Twitter!
- Formula 1: Bernie Ecclestone planning to scrap 'unequal' prize money structure
- Top Chinese envoy visits Vietnam as South China Sea tension rises
- Sensex stays flat after worst fall in four months