Two officials on poll duty die in Odisha
Kendrapara/Balasore (Odisha): Two polling officials died in separate accidents in Kendrapara and Balasore districts on Wednesday on the eve of the last phase of polls in Odisha.
A 56-year-old polling official Maheswar Bhanja, presiding officer at the polling station at Hemaprava Girl`s High School at Soro in Balasore district was runover and killed by a truck belonging to a polling party, police sources said.
In another incident, a polling officer Pitambar Rout, in Sapalanga village was killed when he slipped from a truck carrying polling personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli – Anushka Sharma: Will the couple reconcile – This could be an indicator!
- Enclave-dwellers to vote for first time since Independence
- Pathankot IAF base remains highly unsafe, Centre to be blamed: Parliamentary panel
- Justice for Jisha: Will India unite for Kerala's Nirbhaya?
- Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock wished 'Happy Birthday' by THESE Bollywood hotties!