Two persons, including CRPF jawan, arrested in Odisha
Kendrapara (Odisha): Two persons, including a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) jawan, were arrested from a lodging house in the township in connection with a flesh trade racket.
Babaji Mallick, CRPF jawan posted in Chhattisgarh and Panchanan Satpathy, manager of the lodging house, were arrested yesterday following a raid, Inspector Kendrapara police station, Pramod Kumar Lenka, said today.
The accused persons were forwarded to judicial custody under the provisions of Prevention of Immoral Trafficking Act (PITA), he said adding further investigation into the matter was in progress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore