Two persons injured, 50 houses torched during clash
Rayagada: Two persons were seriously injured and about 50 houses torched in a clash between two groups in Chandili area of Odisha`s Rayagada district, police said on Thursday.
The clash took place between residents of nearby
Sanachandili-Badachandili and Kalahandipada-Nuapada villages
over a trivial matter last evening, they said.
Two persons of Badachandili village were critically
injured in the violence as both groups fought a pitched battle
pelting stones and using sticks, iron rods and sharp weapons,
As a fallout of the violent clash, a group stormed
into Kalahandipada village this morning and set afire about 50
houses, police sid.
The injured persons were immediately taken to a nearby
hospital and later shifted to Visakhapatnam for treatment.
Senior police officials rushed to the spot
and additional force was deployed in the area to prevent any
further flare up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media