Two persons injured, 50 houses torched during clash
Rayagada: Two persons were seriously injured and about 50 houses torched in a clash between two groups in Chandili area of Odisha`s Rayagada district, police said on Thursday.
The clash took place between residents of nearby
Sanachandili-Badachandili and Kalahandipada-Nuapada villages
over a trivial matter last evening, they said.
Two persons of Badachandili village were critically
injured in the violence as both groups fought a pitched battle
pelting stones and using sticks, iron rods and sharp weapons,
As a fallout of the violent clash, a group stormed
into Kalahandipada village this morning and set afire about 50
houses, police sid.
The injured persons were immediately taken to a nearby
hospital and later shifted to Visakhapatnam for treatment.
Senior police officials rushed to the spot
and additional force was deployed in the area to prevent any
further flare up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!