Two persons injured, 50 houses torched during clash
Rayagada: Two persons were seriously injured and about 50 houses torched in a clash between two groups in Chandili area of Odisha`s Rayagada district, police said on Thursday.
The clash took place between residents of nearby
Sanachandili-Badachandili and Kalahandipada-Nuapada villages
over a trivial matter last evening, they said.
Two persons of Badachandili village were critically
injured in the violence as both groups fought a pitched battle
pelting stones and using sticks, iron rods and sharp weapons,
As a fallout of the violent clash, a group stormed
into Kalahandipada village this morning and set afire about 50
houses, police sid.
The injured persons were immediately taken to a nearby
hospital and later shifted to Visakhapatnam for treatment.
Senior police officials rushed to the spot
and additional force was deployed in the area to prevent any
further flare up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city