Two persons injured, 50 houses torched during clash
Rayagada: Two persons were seriously injured and about 50 houses torched in a clash between two groups in Chandili area of Odisha`s Rayagada district, police said on Thursday.
The clash took place between residents of nearby
Sanachandili-Badachandili and Kalahandipada-Nuapada villages
over a trivial matter last evening, they said.
Two persons of Badachandili village were critically
injured in the violence as both groups fought a pitched battle
pelting stones and using sticks, iron rods and sharp weapons,
As a fallout of the violent clash, a group stormed
into Kalahandipada village this morning and set afire about 50
houses, police sid.
The injured persons were immediately taken to a nearby
hospital and later shifted to Visakhapatnam for treatment.
Senior police officials rushed to the spot
and additional force was deployed in the area to prevent any
further flare up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick