Two powerful landmines recovered in Orissa
Koraput (Orissa): Two powerful landmines
were recovered by police in Maoist-infested Koraput district
of Orissa on Thursday.
The District Voluntary Force recovered the explosives
from Kunduli-Deomali road under Pottangi police limits.
The explosives were kept inside two separate steel
containers and were planted on the road targeting security
personnel," Koraput district Superintendent of Police Anup
Kumar Sahoo said .
The landmines weigh 30 and 20 kgs, he said adding
presence of more landmines on the road may not be ruled
out and search operation is on.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Haryana government strips former CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda off cabinet rank
- US President Barack Obama hosts jazz concert at `Blues House`
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!