Two powerful landmines recovered in Orissa
Koraput (Orissa): Two powerful landmines
were recovered by police in Maoist-infested Koraput district
of Orissa on Thursday.
The District Voluntary Force recovered the explosives
from Kunduli-Deomali road under Pottangi police limits.
The explosives were kept inside two separate steel
containers and were planted on the road targeting security
personnel," Koraput district Superintendent of Police Anup
Kumar Sahoo said .
The landmines weigh 30 and 20 kgs, he said adding
presence of more landmines on the road may not be ruled
out and search operation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list