Two separate cases of gang-rape reported in Odisha
Bhubaneswar/Keonjhar: Despite furore across the country over the recent Delhi gang-rape case, two new cases of the crime have been reported in Odisha involving a 19-year-old girl from Bhubaneswar and a 24-year-old woman from Keonjhar district.
While five persons allegedly gang-raped a 19-year-old girl in Bhubaneswar by luring her to a secluded house, another woman was reportedly gang-raped by three youths in Keonjhar district.
According to FIR lodged at Mahila Police Station in Bhubaneswar rape incident, a part-time dancer was lured to a secluded place by a 50-year-old man, identified as Jatadhari Sahu, to discuss about a dance programme. She was taken to the house on Wednesday night where four others were waiting.
"The girl was allegedly gang-raped by the four and dumped at a place near Kalinga Stadium," Inspector-in-Charge of Mahila Police Station Amita Tripathy told reporters quoting the FIR copy.
Stating that medical examination of the girl has been conducted, Tripathy said police today arrested four including the 50-year-old Jatadhari Sahu while one person is absconding.
They were produced before a court here and remanded to jail custody.
A report from Jajpur district said a 24-year-old woman was also allegedly gang-raped and her gold ornaments looted by three youths after they forcibly took her to a forest in Keonjhar district on Tuesday.
The three were arrested yesterday from their villages in Keonjhar district.
The married woman from Cuttack, who had gone to her sister`s house in Jajpur district, was waiting for a bus to return to the town at Solei Chhak when one of the accused Subha alias Papu offered her a lift in his SUV, police said.
The woman was then taken to a forest at Ghatagaon in neighbouring Keonjhar district where she was allegedly sexually assaulted by Papu, Manas Das and Sujit Ghadei.
She was robbed of her gold ornaments and mobile phone and left unconscious.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city